Think Like a Trout, Act Like a Bug.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Best Laid Plans

I went into the winter season with full intentions of re-designing my fly box system, and having all of my fly boxes fully stocked before the season starts. Well, once again I find myself on the doorstep of the open water trout season with a long way to go as far as fly tying goes. Yup, I can see myself now, frantically tying flies the night before each trip – business as usual I suppose.


If you’re like me you are likely anxious to get out on the water (or maybe you have already seen some action). The only fly fishing I managed to get in over the past few weeks was a trip to the Bahamas in search of bonefish. It was a successful DIY trip to the middle of nowhere.

Surveying the endless flats on Mayaguana

Jacks provide a fun diversion when the bonefish aren't cooperating
A typical Mayaguana bonefish

No comments:

Post a Comment